Application for Membership in the Regional Animal Protection Society
RAPS has had a no-kill philosophy and for a quarter century, the Regional Animal Protection Society has strived to help the companion animals of Richmond and surrounding areas by providing food, shelter and veterinary care, including spaying and neutering. We endeavor to place adoptable animals in suitable homes, to raise public awareness of the importance of spaying and neutering, and to help with access to low-cost veterinary care. We promote humane treatment of animals, and establish and operate the Richmond Animal Shelter and the Cat Sanctuary for the reception and care of companion animals, particularly feral, stray, seized or unwanted animals.
According to the British Columbia Society Act, a Society must keep a list of members and must maintain the following information for each member:
- Full name and resident address;
- Contact information including email and phone;
- Date on which the person is admitted as a member or ceases to be a member.
The current by-laws of the Society were previously amended as follows:
- October 16, 2004 the BBy-Laws of the Society related to membership were amended to the following:
- Part 2 – Bylaw 4 – membership – be revised to – Any person supporting the purpose of Richmond Animal Protection Society, may apply to the Directors for membership in the Society and upon application and acceptance by the Directors is a member.
- February 21, 2005 The Richmond Homeless Cats Society changed its name to Richmond Animal Protection Society
According to the Constitution of the Richmond Animal Protection Society, a member of the society is defined by and must comply with these bylaws:
- The members of the society are the applications for incorporation of the society, and those persons who subsequently become members, in accordance with these bylaws and, in either case, have not ceased to be members.
- A person may apply to the directors for membership in the society and on acceptance by the directors is a member.
- Every member must uphold the constitution and comply with the by-laws of the Society.
For further information on membership, please see the RAPS Constitution.
In keeping with the amended by-laws of the Society of 2004, members must have applied and be recorded as members of the Society. Therefore, all peoples involved with RAPS are requested to fill in the membership application form on the next page. To apply for membership to the Regional Animal Protection Society please read, understand and sign the membership application on the following page. Please note: individuals accepted to be members of RAPS will be communicated with primarily via email and every member agrees to support and positively promote the organization.
Our commitment to you: We take your privacy and personal information seriously and shall take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information. RAPS abides by the BC Personal Information and Protection Act (“PIPA”) and you have our commitment that we shall not sell, share or trade members’ names or personal information with any other entity.