RAPS Contest Sweepstakes Official Rules and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPENDENT ON NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. WINNERS MUST CORRECTLY ANSWER A SKILL-TESTING QUESTION TO CLAIM A PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
These RAPS Sweepstakes or Contest Rules (the “Official Rules”) are provided by The Regional Animal Protection Society, (“RAPS”), having an address at Suite 201-13340 Smallwood Place, Richmond, B.C. V6V 1W8 Canada, (the “Sponsor” or “RAPS”). The Official Rules apply to each RAPS Sweepstakes or Contest (the “Contest”) administered by the Sponsor through its website http://www.RAPSBC.com (the “Website”), unless stipulated otherwise. Every contest participant (“Entrant) is responsible for reviewing and understanding these Official Rules prior to entering the Contest. By entering into the Contest, Entrant accepts these Official Rules and agree to be legally bound by them.
These Contest Rules are the official property of the Sponsor and cannot be copied or used, in whole or in part, without the written permission and approval of the Sponsor.
a. The RAPS Sweepstakes or Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to:
i. registered Entrant to RAPS who have agreed to these Official Rules and are not in breach of same either at the time of entry or during the Contest Period set out below; who are permanent legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) who physically reside in Canada (except the Province of Quebec); and who are;
ii. eighteen (18) years of age or older and/or of the age of majority in their province of residence as of the start of the Contest Period.
b. Not eligible to participate in the Contest are employees of the Sponsor and members of their immediate families and households; and employees of the Sponsor’s subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, electronic media firms, and anyone involved in the production, development or handling of this Contest.
c. Volunteers of Sponsor are eligible to enter the Contest.
d. By entering the Contest, Entrant agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest.
e. By entering the Contest, Entrant agree to furnish the Sponsor, upon Sponsor’s request, with proof of age at time of entry as a condition precedent to winning a Prize under the Contest.
f. By entering the Contest, Entrant agree and acknowledge that they must correctly answer a skill-testing question of Sponsor’s design, under time constraints and other conditions established by Sponsor in its sole discretion, as a condition precedent to winning a Prize under the Contest.
g. The Contest is void where prohibited by applicable law.
h. The Contest requires one thousand registrants to be officially an active contest. There must be a minimum one thousand (1,000) people registered for the Contest for the contest prizes to officially be awarded, otherwise no Contest Prizes will be awarded. All Registration awards will still be awarded to each Entrant if the minimum number of registrants is not obtained.
2. Contest Period:
a. Entry into Contest must occur during the contest period. Contest shall commence at 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on April 2, 2017, and end at 11:59 PM PT on January 31, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
b. All times are Pacific Time (PST or PDT depending on dates Contest occurs) and Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Contest.
c. For purposes of these Official Rules, receipt by the Sponsor of an Entry occurs when Entrant’s animal medical records (if any) are received by the Sponsor pursuant to the Authorization to Transfer Medical Records which forms part of the registration material for the Contest. An Entrant shall indicate on the registration material if the Entrant does not have any animal medical records for any pet.
d. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to extend the Contest Period.
3. How to Enter:
a. In order to enter the Contest, Entrant must follow these Official Rules and any on-screen instructions that appear on the Contest Website. Failure to follow these Official Rules or the on-screen instructions that appear on the Contest Website, will render Entry ineligible and therefore not be included in the Contest by the Sponsor.
b. To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period go to http://www.RAPSBC.com (the “Contest Website”).
c. To enter and participate in the Contest, Entrant must: (i) send in a completed Registration Form signed by the Entrant either by hardcopy or online at http://www.rapsbc.com and (ii) if deemed a prize winner, verify acceptance via email or signed hard copy of receipt within 60 days of receipt of notice; (iii) if deemed a prize winner, share news of prize winnings with RAPS’ social networks per the instructions and utilize the Internet links provided to Winner by RAPS; (iv) allow RAPS to publicize Winner’s name, the Entrant, on its website and through media and social media, including the names of the Entrant’s animal.
d. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Persons who desire to enter the Contest may do so online or by mailing a hand-written entry to Sponsor at the Sponsor’s address by filling in a form that can be downloaded at www.rapsbc.com with express confirmation of agreement with and acknowledgement of these Official Rules. RAPS shall enter the Entrant applying by this means in the Contest commencing on the first day of the week following receipt of the Registration Form by RAPS. If the Entrant wishes to enter the Contest but does not have an email address, the Entrant must create an email address from among a variety of free, public email services providers such as www.gmail.com or www.yahoo.com. A person may obtain an entry to the Contest without making any purchase. A person may enter the Contest for each animal they personally legally own and open an account with RAPS. All dogs registered by the Entrant in the contest must be licensed by a British Columbia municipality.
e. A purchase or donation will not increase a Entrant’s chances of winning a prize.
f. Compliance with sections 3(b), and 3(c)(i)(ii)(iii) and/or 3(d) above constitutes an entry in the Contest (“Entry”), with acceptance of and/or compliance with section 1 being a condition precedent to obtaining an entry in the Contest.
g. Rejected Entries: If Entrant fails to (i) complete the entry form pursuant to the on-screen instructions that appear on the Contest Website, or (ii) enter complete accurate information as requested by the on-screen instructions that appear on the Contest Website including a valid Canadian (excluding the Province of Quebec) mailing address, or valid email address, or (iii) agree to receive mail offerings or email communications from the Sponsor and/or any of its business partners, Entry will not be included in the list of Entrants for purposes of participating in the Contest or related drawings as provided herein by the Sponsor.
h. Sponsor is not responsible for normal time, toll, connection text and usage rates, if any, charged by an Entrant’s phone service provider or Internet service provider related to submission of an entry.
i. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, poor or ineligible handwriting are void and will not be accepted. In case of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email account used in the Entry, and who can demonstrate legal ownership of the animal associated with the Entry, will be deemed to be the Entrant.
j. The Sponsor reserves the right to invalidate any Entry that does not adhere to Official Rules.
4. Selection of Winner(s):
a. The Sweepstake is a random draw of eligible Entries. The potential winner(s) (“Winner”) of a Prize will be selected in a random drawing by representatives of Sponsor from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. Prizes shall be awarded subject to (i) Winner’s personal information verification; (ii) Winner sharing news of his/her prize winnings with his/her network on the Social Networks per the instructions and utilizing the Internet links provided to Winner by RAPS (if Entrant does not have an account with or on the Social Networks, Entrant must open a free account with each website in order to claim prize); (iii) Winner meeting release requirements set out in these Official Rules; and (iv) Winner correctly answering a skill-testing questions as further set out below.
b. The number of Grand Prize and runner-up prizes available is set and cannot be altered or exchanged. The Contest Website Prize Page shall also contain specific prize information prior to the commencement of any Contest, including specifications, limitations and adherences to service usage. Before entering the Contest, Entrant can visit the Contest Website Prize Page to see what Prizes are offered and all regulations pertaining to the Prize giveaways.
c. RAPS reserves the right to provide veterinary services won by Winner to times that are convenient to the Veterinarians and at times that do not interfere with regular paying customers. Schedules may vary and scheduled appointments may be cancelled due to emergency or critical matters realized by the RAPS Regional Animal Hospital.
d. RAPS Regional Animal Hospital services refers to services exclusively provided at the RAPS Regional Animal Hospital, located at 13340 Smallwood Place, Richmond B.C. V6V 1W8 Canada.
e. Winners are eligible for only one Contest prize.
f. Prizes are nontransferable except as outlined in section 4 (m) below, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, and are not valid with any other offer.
g. No substitutions or cash equivalents for prizes are allowed.
h. Prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor.
i. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied.
j. Winners agree to supply Sponsor with any information necessary for tax reporting purposes and to cooperate in fulfilling all applicable legal requirements.
k. One prize per household.
l. An animal organization can enter as one Entrant.
m. Entrants can transfer their winning to one animal organization or one other person of their choosing. However, prize must be transferred before used and prize must be transferred in its entirety. Prizes cannot be transferred in parts.
n. Entrants can win only one prize in total, even if their names are drawn multiple times. Entrant must accept first prize drawn in the Contest that bears their name.
o. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received per Contest Period.
p. Prizes: During the Contest Period there will be numerous prizes awarded with stipulations and limitations listed in section 5.
q. Registration Awards:
i. All Entrants who enter the Contest during the Contest Period will receive a free veterinary examination. This award expires on December 31, 2018.
ii. The first 1,000 (one thousand) Entrants to send in Registration Forms, on a first-come-first-serve basis, will receive one hundred dollars ($100) in RAPS veterinary services during the Contest Period. Total prize package equals one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) in RAPS veterinary services. These prizes expire on December 31, 2019. Other prize expiration dates are listed and outlined in section 4 (q) (iv), below.
iii. All prizes are subject to the regular charged rates of the RAPS Regional Animal Hospital. Special promotions or discount rates advertised for RAPS Regional Animal Hospital services from time to time do not apply to any of the Contest prizes won by an Entrant.
iv. For each animal the Entrant officially registers with RAPS Regional Animal Hospital (or any other veterinary clinic name chosen by the Sponsor at the time of the opening of the Animal Hospital) as the Entrant’s veterinary service, and which animal or animals are legally owned by the Entrant, Entrant will receive one entry into a draw for prizes in the Contest for each animal registered.
v. Contest Prize List:
1. Top Prize. The top prize of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) in RAPS Regional Animal Hospital services will be awarded to one winning Entrant. This prize and the value of the prize expires totally on November 30, 2022. Prize value must be fully utilized by the expiry date of November 30, 2022
2. Four (4) prizes of five thousand dollars ($5,000) in RAPS Regional Animal Hospital services will be awarded to individual and separate winning Entrants. This prize expires on November 30, 2022. Prize value must be fully utilized by the expiry date of November 30, 2022
3. Ten (10) prizes of two thousand dollars ($2,000) in RAPS Regional Animal Hospital services will be awarded to ten (10) individual and separate winning Entrants. This prize expires on November 30, 2020. Prize value must be fully utilized by the expiry date of November 30, 2020
4. Twenty (20) prizes of dental care treatments in RAPS Regional Animal Hospital services will be awarded to twenty (20) individual and separate winning Entrants. Value shall not exceed eight hundred dollars ($800) in general exam and other treatments which also lead to include dental treatment. Any services that exceed the value of eight hundred dollars ($800) shall be paid for by the Entrant. Prize can only be used for exams and dental procedures and is based on a one-time dental treatment for a one time visit. Actual prize may be of less than $800 value and shall have been recognized by the Entrant as the value of the prize fully utilized upon the one-time dental treatment. This prize expires on November 30, 2020. Prize value must be fully utilized by the expiry date of November 30, 2020.
5. One hundred (100) prizes of free consultation exams, including vaccinations and flea and parasite control in RAPS Regional Animal Hospital services will be awarded to one hundred (100) individual winning Entrants. Value of prize shall not exceed two hundred dollars ($200). This prize expires on November 30, 2020. Prize value must be fully utilized by the expiry date of November 30, 2020.
5. Prize Descriptions, Limitations and Stipulations:
a. All fields and elements of the Registration Form must be complete, and all one thousand Registration Forms must be received by January 31st, 2018 for the contest to be officially active.
b. There must be a minimum one thousand (1,000) people registered for the Prize Contest for the Contest Prizes to officially be awarded, otherwise no Contest Prizes will be awarded. All Registration awards will still be awarded to each Entrant.
c. All prizes have an expiry date and must be fully utilized before they expire. Once expired, the Entrant relinquishes all rights and privileges to the prize and no cash equivalence or prorated cash value or service will be provided after the expiry date. It is incumbent on Entrant to utilize the full value of the Contest Prize before it expires. No date extensions shall be provided for any prize awarded.
d. Where applicable, all Prizes shall meet the minimum basic standards of the College of Veterinarians of British Columbia guidelines.
e. For Facebook promotions, Facebook is in no way endorsing, sponsoring, or administering this Contest, and Facebook is released of all liability by each Entrant.
f. An Entrant cannot win more than one prize and the first prize for which an Entrant is selected as winner is the only prize an Entrant may claim.
g. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. No transfers, assignments, substitutions, credits for changes, refunds or cash equivalents for prizes are allowed, except where exceptions are permitted at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, on a case by case basis. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value.
h. Sponsor has the sole right at Sponsor’s discretion to eliminate anything the Sponsor deems not eligible as part of the Prize.
i. Sponsor reserves the right to limit reservation bookings and see a maximum of two prize winning clients (Entrants) per day, Monday to Friday, at its veterinary clinic. Reservations will be taken on a first come basis.
j. Prizes are for RAPS Regional Animal Hospital, veterinary doctor and/or veterinary assistant services (such as spay or neuter services) only and are not valid for any diagnostic services or consumable products such as medications, supplies and food products unless otherwise determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. These items will be charged separately and are to be paid for by the Entrant.
k. Sponsor may limit the amount of consumable products (example: any type of medication) to be provided to the Entrant in line with what would be normally provided to the Entrant’s animal within a given timeframe for a particular medical procedure, diagnosis, cure or preventable treatment. Entrant agrees that the Sponsor shall have sole decision-making discretion in this matter.
l. No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a Prize or item thereof is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize with an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised Prize is unavailable.
m. Winner is solely responsible for all expenses and costs associated with acceptance and/or use of a Prize not specifically stated herein as being awarded, including, without limitation, any and all taxes and other expenses, costs or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of a Prize, provided that the maximum amount of money, including postage and handling fees, which an Entrant may be asked to pay to secure delivery or receipt of the Prize offered will be $20.
n. Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to make any deductions and withholdings that Sponsor deems necessary or desirable under applicable federal, state or provincial and local tax laws, rules, regulations, codes or ordinances.
o. Winner(s) will be determined and notified within 14 days with respect to Winners selected from Contest and no later than January 31, 2018. All prizes have an expiry date.
p. The Sponsor’s decisions are final on all aspects of the Contest.
q. Sponsor reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, at any time, for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to make any modifications to the Official Rules of the Contest and the Sponsor’s website, including terminating, changing, suspending or discontinuing any aspect of the Contest or website at any time, without notice. Sponsor may impose additional rules or limits on the Contest at any time from time to time during the Contest Period. Entrant agrees to review the Official Rules and Policies regularly posted on the Sponsor’s website at www.rapsbc.com and Entrants continued participation in the Contest means that Entrant agrees to these changes. Entrant agrees that Sponsor will not be liable to Entrant or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Contest or for any service, content, feature or product offered through Sponsor’s Regional Animal Hospital, services or website.
r. Sponsor has the right at its sole discretion to refuse service to any Entrant it deems a difficult client. There shall be no refund or compensation of any kind to the Entrant in the event the Entrant is refused service. Entrant agrees to release RAPS from all liability for this occurrence.
s. Sponsor has the sole right, privilege and discretion to refuse any Entrant participation for any reason whatsoever.
t. Sponsor will notify Winners either by posting the Winner’s Entry on www.RAPSBC.com or at Sponsor’s discretion, by making make two (2) attempts to notify potential Winner via direct messages to potential Winner’s email account.
u. If selected a potential Winner, the potential Winner must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question of Sponsor’s design, unaided, under a defined time limit, prior to winning a Prize.
v. Winners may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) that must be returned via mail within fourteen (14) days of the date and time of notification or Prize will be forfeited and a substitute runner-up will be determined. Please allow five (5) business days after verification of winner eligibility for acknowledgement and notice of timing of Prize delivery. Entrant is not a certified Winner until eligibility is verified and Entrant receives official notification from the Sponsor. Entrants must fill out all information requested and have a valid email address, and it is Entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in email address.
w. Winners List: For a list of Winner(s), visit the Website after the Winner-selection period expires or send a letter requesting the Winner list with a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address: Suite 201-13340 Smallwood Place, Richmond, B.C. V6V 1W8 Canada. The deadline for receiving requests for a list of Winner(s) will be sixty (60) calendar days from the date a Winner is announced.
a. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use Entrant’s name, email address, city, state, province, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval.
b. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, and is registered and bonded where required by law.
c. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant (i) agrees to release and hold Sponsor and its Website, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), harmless against any and all claims and liability arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Contest or misuse, non-use or use of any Prize (including any travel or activity related thereto); (ii) waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter; (iii) hereby acknowledges that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to Prize; (c) if selected as a Winner, agrees to the posting of such Entrant’s name and/or Facebook user name on the Contest Website(s) and the use by Released Parties of such Entrant’s name, voice, image, and/or likeness for publicity, promotional, and advertising purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; and (d) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Contest itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Contest at Sponsor’ sole discretion.
d. Sponsor and Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, inaccurate, illegible, misdirected, garbled, delayed or undelivered entries; or for technical hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, lost, unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, which may limit an individual’s ability to participate.
e. In the event any fraud, virus, actions by Entrants, technical or other error or problem, or any other occurrence corrupts or affects the administration, integrity, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, where permitted by local law, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules), or to disqualify any implicated Entrant(s), (and their Entries). In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award the Prize in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of the event or action warranting such cancellation. In the event this Contest is cancelled prior to the stated end date, a notice will be posted at www.RAPSBC.com.
f. Released Parties are not responsible for any technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other error relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the Prize or in any Contest-related materials; or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
g. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes provided such modification does not materially affect the terms and conditions of the Contest.
7. Errors and Omissions: Please note that Sponsor website or Contest details may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current, especially as it relates to the Contest. Sponsor reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time, without prior notice. Such errors, inaccuracies or omissions may relate to RAPS Contest Sweepstakes Official Rules and Conditions or any other matter related to Sponsor’s business and activities. Sponsor does not undertake to update, modify or clarify information on its website, except as required by law.
8. Choice of Law and Arbitration: The Contest is governed by British Columbia and Canadian law, and subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Contest is void where prohibited by law. Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the rules of the Canadian Arbitration Association then effective, and any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by Contest Entrant with regard to this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees, punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Contest Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with local laws, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that may cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction.
9. Severability: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor: The Regional Animal Protection Society, (“RAPS”), having an address at Suite 201-13340 Smallwood Place, Richmond, B.C. V6V 1W8 Canada and owning a website www.rapsbc.com.
11. Indemnity: Entrant agrees to defend and indemnify Sponsor, and hold Sponsor and Sponsor’s affiliates harmless, and Sponsor and their respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, and employees against any losses, liabilities, claims, expenses (including legal fees) in any way arising from, related to or in connection with Entrant’s participation in the Contest, Entrant’s violation of the RAPS Contest Sweepstakes Official Rules and Conditions, including, but not limited to, any third party claim made against the Sponsor from Entrant’s participation in the Contest.
12. PRIVACY: BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS OR HER PHOTOGRAPH, SOCIAL NETWORK PROFILE INFORMATION, FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, AND HOMETOWN MAY BE ANNOUNCED OR USED ONLINE OR OTHERWISE. EACH ENTRANT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IF S/HE IS CHOSEN AS AN ACTUAL PRIZE RECIPIENT, CERTAIN OF HIS/HER IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES (AT LEAST AS REQUIRED BY LAW), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ON AN ONLINE PAGE LISTING PRIZE RECIPIENT.
13. Waiver: Sponsor’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the RAPS Contest Sweepstakes Official Rules and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. A waiver by Sponsor of any default will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default. No waiver by Sponsor is effective unless it is communicated to Entrant in writing.
14. Headings: Any headings and titles herein are for convenience only.
15. Entire Agreement: The RAPS Contest Sweepstakes Official Rules and Conditions represent the entire agreement between Entrant and Sponsor in relation to the subject matter of this agreement and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between Entrant and Sponsor, unless in writing and signed by the Sponsor’s CEO. Both Entrant and Sponsor acknowledge that, in entering into these RAPS Contest Sweepstakes Official Rules and Conditions, neither Entrant nor Sponsor have relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or implied from anything said or written between Entrant and Sponsor prior to such RAPS Contest Sweepstakes Official Rules and Conditions, except as expressly provided for in writing and signed by the CEO particular to each Entrant solely participating in the Contest.
16. Independent Advice: The Sponsor recommends that every person obtain independent advice before entering the Sweepstakes Contest as an Entrant. Entrant represents that they have read and fully understands the terms and provisions hereof, has had an opportunity to review this Agreement.
17. No Partnership: Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as constituting a partnership between the parties or as constituting either party as the agent of the other for any purpose whatsoever.
18. Gender and Number: Except where otherwise indicated by the context, any masculine term used herein also shall include the feminine; the plural shall include the singular and the singular shall include the plural.
19. Force Majeure: Sponsor shall not be liable to the Entrant for delay or non-performance under these Contest rules or for any loss or damage which may be suffered by the Entrant due to any cause beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control including, without limitation, any act of God, inclement weather, failure or shortage of power supplies, interruption to data hosting and/or transmission services, flood, drought, lightening or fire, the act or omission of Government or other competent authority, war, military operations, terrorism, riot, strike, lock-out, trade dispute or labour disturbance, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, outbreak of disease or law or governmental order (each a “Force Majeure Event”).